Rca Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rca Interview Questions

Rca interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Nothing difficult, you just need to be available at the last minute if they need you. If you tell them you cant then they will not be likely to hire you. They typically will call you the night before when it happens but you just need to be ready.

Be available

"What would your last employer say about your attendance?"

1 Answer

Am I flexible in my work schedule

1 Answer

First question was "What do you think this job entitles?"

1 Answer

These would be the 4 positions you would be applying for; Mail handlers- lots of overtime working nights or 3rd shift, 6 days a week and most holidays. You're on you feet all the time. The most physical of the jobs, especially if you are working the inbound and outbound docks. Mail Clerk- you're sorting and casing mail and may be trained to work the counters with customers CSR skills a must!! You'll come in at like 4AM and work til the work is done(10/11AM), then clock out and return later in the afternoon for a few hours to make sure everything gets out the door. City Carrier Asst. You won't be casing (sorting ) your own mail, just picking it up and subbing for Full time carriers needing time off. You'll be driving the White LLV's(long life vehicles) and will have driver training after orientation, as driving on the right hand side of the vehicle has it's challenges. I think the CCA's come in about 7 and need to be back in by 6, preferably earlier....CCA's do walk some or all of their routes, so good shoes and excellent fitness level will help. You will be carrying up to a 35# mail bag Rural Carrier Asst. You most certainly be working every Saturday, and then covering for Full timers that want vacation or are sick. You case your own mail and will need your own vehicle with either a bench front seat (no console!!) or purchase a right hand drive vehicle or buy a conversion kit to convert like a mid 90'sJeep Cherokee to RHD). The plus is that you are paid a flat rate for your route based on how many stops you have to make and how many miles the route is. Even though most routes have over 500 stops each day, you are your own boss and need to be self sufficient. You are also reimbursed for vehicle wear and tear to the tune of like 71 cents a mile to cover gas, maintenance, and part of our loan payments if you purchase a vehicle. RCA's can end up with fewer work days than the other crafts, it just depends on the size of the office. They also have the most to learn to be efficient at their craft. None of the questions were hard, except explaining why I was terminated from my previous job. There's a fine line between "telling your side of the story" and bashing your former employer. When I filled out the "why were you fired" part, I put down something like "change in company focus towards employees" and then let them ask me to expand on that. Overall, the 6 or 7 interviews I had with the various postmasters and HR folks, were all very pleasant experiences. i never felt like I was "on the witness stand" with any of them. If there was a tough question, I guess it would've been,"If one supervisor tells you to do something and 10 minutes later another supervisor tells you to do something else, what do you do??

1 Answer

She didn't ask questions.

1 Answer

Do you drive a large vehicle

1 Answer

whether I will stay in the job

Do you have any kids?

1 Answer

Can you move closer to this post office?

110 of 86 Interview Questions