Receptionist / Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Receptionist / Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Receptionist / administrative assistant interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a situation where you have a client who interrupt your existing interaction with a client?

6 Answers

I request the existing client to step aside momentarily which I then assess all my available resources to assist this client. Should it then become heated I attain a manager to resolve the situation.

I politely tell the client who interrupted to please standby and that I will be able to answer their questions/handle their issues shortly. If they need immediate attention I will call a member of the team to assist.

I apologize and ask him or her to please step in line and I’ll be right with them. If they interrupt I say understand completely and look for a manager. If there isn’t one available, I’d ask for the source of their urgency. If it’s just them being difficult without an interest in telling me their issue I’d tell them I’ll be with them shortly, I just have to help another customer. Really it helps to keep things short and simple, moving along as quickly as possible with other tasks at hand.

how I would handle an irate client who was upset that they were charged a $50 cancellation fee

1 Answer

"How do you deal with difficult personalities?"

1 Answer

How long have you been married?

1 Answer

Do you have a valid drivers license?

1 Answer

How do I handle constantly interruptions on a daily basis? To talk about my own very life experiences in the past, and what I currently do. Asked about working in office teams and how to deal with many differently personalities.

1 Answer

How to handle specific situations.