Receptionist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Receptionist Interview Questions

Receptionists will be asked to take on a number of clerical roles in the office, including answering phone calls, scheduling appointments, and working face-to-face with customers. Employers are looking for candidates with excellent organizational skills and who knows how to maintain a positive, helpful attitude in the workplace. In an interview you may be asked about any bookkeeping or scheduling experience you have. Be prepared with personal anecdotes about instances when you assuaged a frustrated customer or worked around a scheduling conflict.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you handle a situation where you have a client who interrupt your existing interaction with a client?

729 Answers

I request the existing client to step aside momentarily which I then assess all my available resources to assist this client. Should it then become heated I attain a manager to resolve the situation.

I politely tell the client who interrupted to please standby and that I will be able to answer their questions/handle their issues shortly. If they need immediate attention I will call a member of the team to assist.

I apologize and ask him or her to please step in line and I’ll be right with them. If they interrupt I say understand completely and look for a manager. If there isn’t one available, I’d ask for the source of their urgency. If it’s just them being difficult without an interest in telling me their issue I’d tell them I’ll be with them shortly, I just have to help another customer. Really it helps to keep things short and simple, moving along as quickly as possible with other tasks at hand.

One or more comments have been removed.
Please see our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service for more information.

How will you deal with an angry guest?

2 Answers

How would you handle an angry patient?

2 Answers

Resident no pants on in lobby, group comes to tour the site, phone rings, accident in the bathroom...what order would you do things and why?

2 Answers

Are you afraid of crazy people?

1 Answer

What skills do you possess that you feel qualify you for this position? (Regards to accounting position.)

1 Answer

What is one thing you would change about your prior work office?

1 Answer

What is your idea of professionalism?

1 Answer

Tell me about your redundancy (if appropriate) or why do you want to leave your present employer?

10 Answers

What is something that you can bring to this company?

5 Answers