Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Registered Nurse Interview Questions

In addition to assisting physicians in providing medical assistance to patients, nurses must have strong interpersonal and conflict-management skills. In an interview, expect to be quizzed on medical practices and procedures, as well as answer situational questions that will test your ability to excel under difficult conditions. Come ready to discuss a time you handled a tense patient or how you would handle an emergency situation.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What would you do if you entered a patient room and found them unconscious.

3 Answers

Yell for help and get assistance, check for breathing, pulse, initiate appropriate emergency response.

omg.. i hope u didnt say it like that.. didnt u take BLS? Circulation Airway Breathing.. for those of us who are hoping to learn some right answers on here.. C.A.B. jeez!

Following standard bedside emergnecy practice, first I would call a code immediately, then begin checking the patient’s breathing and circulation. When help arrives make sure to have adequate IV access and then follow directions from the physician.

The ICU environment can be very stressful. How do you think you will handle that stress?

1 Answer

How do deal with a uncooperative family memeber/patient?

1 Answer

Case scenarios. What would you do first if a patient is aggressive

3 Answers

how have I responded to difficult situations in prior jobs

2 Answers

How do you handle crucial conversations?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you resolved a conflict between two people. What was the conflict?

1 Answer

Please tell us the steps for a laporoscopic cholecystectomy from the patient is preped and draped.

Describe a situation when you went above and beyond.

3 Answers

Tell me what you would do if you heard a rumor about someone and then you had to work with them. Would you assume it to be true or get to know the person first.

4 Answers