Registered Nurse Per Diem Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Registered Nurse Per Diem Interview Questions

Registered nurse per diem interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why did you leave hospital nursing? Why do you think Home Care is the right fit for you? Why were you not working as an RN for a few years? Are you a self starter and what motivates you?

Tell me about shared governance and what you know about it.

How did you find out about us? Do you know anyone who has been a patient or works here?

Tell me about a time you had a memorable patient and what made it memorable?

The actual interview was very pleasant and casual as it takes place by the hiring unit manager. The difficult part was the general hospital orientation followed by a general nursing orientation. It's long and, as a nurse, you are expected to take a generalized pharmacology exam even if you are not giving meds in your position. To be fair, you are offered resources to help you through it and are offered retakes should you fail. In my orientation class, many experienced nurses had to retake this test at least once...including me. I recognize the need for such an evaluation, but it might make more sense to have it be unit specific.

Tell me about a time with a challenging patient and how you handled it and what you would do differently?

Why are you interested in this position?

1 Answer