Release and Build Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Release and Build Engineer Interview Questions

Release and build engineer interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What do you know about branching strategies?

3 Answers

I was new to Git and didnt know much about strategies with branching.

Branching by feature: code release from trunk; branching by release: release directly from branch

Allmost all version control system today support branching . It basically independent line of work that stem from one central code base.

I was interviewing for a build and release position, and after answering many relevant scripting and SCM questions, an interviewer who ran out of things to ask asked me to in detail describe, the process for a c write() command making it to disc. I was asked to describe all of the buffering, system calls, etc.

1 Answer

Have you used CVS in the past?

1 Answer

Given a set of tests in 2 lists - expected and actual write some code to output all tests that are different or additional than those expected. What is the algorithmic complexity of your solution?

1 Answer

Tell the other contract company you are an employee of Panzer Solutions and you work for us. Without even an offer or a signed contract in hand.

1 Answer

What did I think about working with offshore help? This was primarily aimed at India.

1 Answer

Why was I at my last employer so long? (my previous position had been 30 years).

1 Answer

Do you tend to lose pens?

1 Answer

How can you deal with the difficult developers on your job?

What is the most complicated issues you got in building process?

110 of 35 Interview Questions