Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research Analyst Interview Questions

1,842

Research analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Suppose there is a series of 100 light bulbs labeled 1 through 100 that all start in the off position. Person 1 walks in the room and turns on every light bulb. Person 2 walks in the room and flips the switch on every 2nd light bulb (i.e. he turns off all even numbered light bulbs). Person 3 walks in the room and flips the switch on every 3rd light bulb (turning some on and some off). This process continues until person 100 goes through and flips the switch on the 100th light bulb. Which light bulbs will be lit up at the end?

1 Answer

Name your strengths and weaknesses

1 Answer

How do your interests and background relate to the PI's?

1 Answer

Tell me about your research

2 Answers

None is unexpected, just general questions.

1 Answer

How would you value a machine that popped out $1 each year? How much would you buy it off me for? How much would different types of investors bid for it?

1 Answer

What is the biggest risk you've ever taken?

1 Answer

3. Compare and contrast ROA, ROE, and ROIC. Which one is most informative and why? Use an example to illustrate your position. Tricky since lots can be said on this matter.

1 Answer

They showed me a line chart by gender and year and asked me to analyse it, but it was missing a title and it didn't have a label on the Y axis. I almost panicked, because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be critical, or just tell them it was a line chart by gender and year.

1 Answer

McK PST (Interview questions were pretty standard)

3140 of 1,842 Interview Questions