Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor
Glassdoor Logo

Find jobs for Research Assistant

Research Assistant Interview Questions

"When looking for a research assistant position, you can expect to be interviewed about your education in the field of research you are applying to, your clerical skills, and your ability to work independently under tight time constraints. The interview and job expectations as a research assistant will depend largely on the scientific field you intend to research, so be sure to look into the expectations of the professors or other senior level researchers you may end up working under. Most research assistant positions will require you to have at least a bachelor's degree in their respective fields."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What experience have you had with Microsoft Office?

1 Answer

They're looking for access, excel and word mostly. There is an IT department however so creating access programs isn't necessary as long as you know how to use it once a database is created.

What type of software do you know how to use?

1 Answer

Some of the tasks you'll be required to perform are routine and monotonous. How will you deal with such routine tasks?

1 Answer

What research area are you interested in?

1 Answer

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

You have 25 horses, and you want to know which are the top 3 fastest, but you don't have a stopwatch. You can race the horses, but the track is only big enough to fit 5 horses at a time. How do you find the first, second and third fastest horses using the least amount of races possible?

3 Answers

Where does your spouse attend school?

2 Answers

Tell me where you've been and we you see your self in the future?

1 Answer

What is your favorite IDE and why?

110 of 3,067 Interview Questions