Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research Assistant Interview Questions

"When looking for a research assistant position, you can expect to be interviewed about your education in the field of research you are applying to, your clerical skills, and your ability to work independently under tight time constraints. The interview and job expectations as a research assistant will depend largely on the scientific field you intend to research, so be sure to look into the expectations of the professors or other senior level researchers you may end up working under. Most research assistant positions will require you to have at least a bachelor's degree in their respective fields."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What type of software do you know how to use?

1 Answer

For research assistant jobs they want you to be able to use a statistical software package to manage data (STATA, R, SAS, SPSS, etc). Some projects use REDCap database.

What experience have you had with Microsoft Office?

1 Answer

What research area are you interested in?

1 Answer

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

Some of the tasks you'll be required to perform are routine and monotonous. How will you deal with such routine tasks?

1 Answer

Where does your spouse attend school?

2 Answers

what is your last design

Describe your research

1 Answer

What was your experience with laboratory research?

110 of 2,375 Interview Questions