Research Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research Associate Interview Questions


Research associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

There is a game where you have three coins, and your opponent has three coins. You both flip your coins at the same time. If the number of heads you have matches the number of heads he has, then you win $2. Otherwise you lose $1. Do you want to play this game?

3 Answers

No, the expected win from the game is negative

Here's my solution. We consider 2 sequences (outcomes for the players). Since these sequences do not depend on each other, the probability that they will have the same number of heads is prob(no heads for player 1) * prob(no heads for player 2) + ... + prob(3 heads for player 1) * prob(3 heads for player 2) = 2* (1/8)^2 + 2 * (3/8)^2 = 20/64 = 5/16 (since prob of having no heads = prob of having 3 heads and prob of having 1 head = prob of having 2 heads). Hence the prob that the players will have different number of heads is 11/16. So the expected value of this game is (5/16)*2 + (11/16)*(-1) = -1/16. Hence we should not play this game.

you win 2 dollars with 25% probability and lose one with 75%. Therefore you expect to lose .25 dollars any time

Describe a mistake you made at work, how you handled it, and what you learned from it.

2 Answers

Why did you want to interview with me?

1 Answer

why new york university

1 Answer

If you find a coworker who is going against procedure, what would you do?

1 Answer

What do you expect for this position?

1 Answer

What is proxy research?

1 Answer

Have you worked in research before?

2 Answers

Was given a couple of "scenarios" and asked how I would handle each of them.

1 Answer

The professor wanted to know what techniques I knew, especially in molecular biology.

1 Answer
110 of 2,448 Interview Questions