Research associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research associate Interview Questions

13,833

research associate interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

Some of the tasks you'll be required to perform are routine and monotonous. How will you deal with such routine tasks?

2 Answers

How do you manage your time effectively?

1 Answer

The professor quizzed me on several technical aspects of a journal paper I was a co-author of. Most of them were manageable. He asked me what exactly my contribution was in that paper and why I was not first author on it.

1 Answer

What type of software do you know how to use?

1 Answer

How would you go about doing research on a potential customer?

1 Answer

What experience have you had with Microsoft Office?

1 Answer

What research area are you interested in?

1 Answer

If you had a machine that produced $100 dollars for life what would you be willing to pay for it today?

74 Answers

3) Poker. 26 red, 26 black. Take one every time, you can choose to guess whether it’s red. You have only one chance. If you are right, you get 1 dollar. What’s the strategy? And what’s the expected earn?

13 Answers