Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research Interview Questions

interview questions shared by candidates

Research Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

"if Germans were the tallest people in the world how would you prove it"

50 Answers

I first asked how would we define germans. People who were born in germany. People who lived in Germany. From East or West. The food they ate (had to do likely w/ $) and stuff like that.

Man...poorly constructed question! We only have to prove 'it' if Germans ARE the tallest people in the world. Therefore, if we are forced to prove it, it must be the case that Germans are actually the tallest people! We could also randomly sample heights from people considered German and compare it to a random sampling of heights from people in non-German groups we are interested in. Assuming we have resources to get large enough samples and can account for a variety of biases, some ANOVA and other stats stuff can get us the answer.

Ask yourself, who you are supposed to prove it to? The question was for a Product Marketing Manager interview; could it perhaps be that what they want is to see how you take something you *know* to be true (you have to believe that the products you are trying to sell are great products to be a really great salesperson), and convince everyone else of that fact?

Question about your background

1 Answer

Are you comfortable with this level of pay cut?

1 Answer

What experience to do you have working in a lab such as this one?

1 Answer

how logn do you study this field ?

1 Answer

Tell me about my sector and the companies I follow.

1 Answer

What makes me qualified for this position and why?

1 Answer

What computer software do you use?

1 Answer

Specific questions regarding potential drug targets

1 Answer

How would you find the number of painters in the U.S.?

110 of 70 Interview Questions