Research Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research Manager Interview Questions

Research manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

How do you influence people who do not report to you? How do you get them to do things even though they don't have to or want to?

2 Answers

a) I've never actually had someone refuse to help me when asked, but b) I would try ahead of time to get to know them so that when I need to influence them or need to request assistance, they already have a basic level of comfort with me.

I would answer this question by first stating that it is important to get to know how people are motivated on a personal level first. If they do not report to you then you might not have positional authority to ask them for a deliverable. At a company like Microsoft, I'm sure that there are jobs/roles that require people to get help/collaboration from people outside of their positional authority. To do this, you must first know what motivates a person and proactively make personal "deposits" to build some solid connections so that when you need to make a "withdraw" you have invested enough. Deposits can be made by taking an interest in someone, providing them with help when they need it, or maybe buying them lunch/drinks.

What's your favorite tree?

2 Answers

Are you comfortable with this level of pay cut?

1 Answer

Would you be comfortable just being a programmer?

1 Answer

What is your passion for Commerical Real Estate?

1 Answer

How would you advice one of the business monoliths, such as Verizon, Comcast, IBM, etc., to strategically leverage new-age players like Amazon.com, Apple, Facebook or Google?

1 Answer

surprisingly - the "very" first Q was - the salary range will be in this "---" figure. If acceptable, then lets talk. If not lets end oconversation.

1 Answer

I give you a piece of broken equipment, can you fix it? Without the schematic?

1 Answer

Would you be interested in working for this company?

110 of 169 Interview Questions