Research Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Research Scientist Interview Questions

Research scientist interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How I have handled conflicts in my work atmosphere?

1 Answer

Several interviewers on the onsite visit asked technical questions based on their own research, essentially probing basic knowledge and problem-predicting ability.

1 Answer

You are given two ropes and a lighter. This is the only equipment you can use. You are told that each of the two ropes has the following property: if you light one end of the rope, it will take exactly one hour to burn all the way to the other end. But it doesn't have to burn at a uniform rate. In other words, half the rope may burn in the first five minutes, and then the other half would take 55 minutes. The rate at which the two ropes burn is not necessarily the same, so the second rope will also take an hour to burn from one end to the other, but may do it at some varying rate, which is not necessarily the same as the one for the first rope. Now you are asked to measure a period of 45 minutes. How will you do it?

1 Answer

Faced with a managerial issue, how would you handle a confrontation with a co-worker and/or superior?

1 Answer

Another good question to be prepared for is, "Why do you want to work here?"

1 Answer

During the behavioral interview, they just asked the standard questions you can find on google and wanted the STAR-type answers. My interviews on site were tailored specifically to my background, so the details of those questions wouldn't really help anybody else. The most difficult question I was faced with, though, was, "What was the most important thing you learned in grad school?"

1 Answer

Not much. Just general questions. 1, a girl or guy? 2,Go to my slides: >> Among all the tunable parameters, which is the most important for you to control the nanoparticle structure? How did you design the parameter changing to manipulate your system? >> The electronstatic association between the acrylic acid and the amine is dynamic, how did it function in your nanostructure controlling. >> What do you think is the most creative part of your work? >> what is the most challenge part of your work? Why? How did you fix it? What are the most important methods you used in your research? Can you describe them? Why do you choose to study in this project? How much percentage do you think your advisor played in your research? Describe yourself to me, if I know nothing about you.

1 Answer

Write a piece of code that finds anagrams.

1 Answer

why do you want to join in facebook

1 Answer

How has been your experience with clustering using Machine Learning?

3140 of 621 Interview Questions