Residence Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Residence Life

Residence Life Interview Questions

"Universities hiring residence life staff want candidates that are eager to work with college students and create welcoming residential communities. Expect to answer questions about your ability to organize activities, coordinate dorm-wide events, and ensure a happy living environment for students. Undergraduate students may apply for resident assistant positions, while graduate students and university faculty may be eligible for management positions such as residence life coordinators, directors, and deans."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What would you do if a rule that we put in place went against your ethical beliefs.

1 Answer

When applying to different universities and institutions of higher education, I take into consideration the schools mission statement and the values that it adheres to. I apply to schools whose mission I can support - so when decisions get made, they will most likely go back to the core mission of the school, which would be a mission I have bought into.

5 people who all have the same question sheet and go around the room reading questions from the sheet. Was asked how I handled ambiguous situations and conflict among dorm residents. Interview lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. The group had a great chemistry between them and because of that the interview did not feel like the pressure cooker it could have been.

1 Answer

What has been your experience interacting with drug and alcohol violations.

1 Answer

What are some of your ideas to build the student's sense of community at the Art Institute?

What programs have you been thinking about implementing if offered this position?

The most difficult question in the interview was: "What kind of experience do you have in giving advice and counseling other people who are in trouble?"

110 of 18 Interview Questions