Residential Counselor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Residential Counselor Interview Questions

Residential counselor interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

what would you do if someone didn't take their medication?

1 Answer

tricky question because you want to go from the heart , they want ingtellectual

What if one of the ID or DD customer refuse to take medication?

1 Answer

What if you find them having sex in the living room?

1 Answer

How much experiene have you had with people with disabilites?

1 Answer

rate 1-5 on your comfort with restraining a chidld?

1 Answer

how would u face crises?

1 Answer

It was in the form of a question but ended up being a verbal waiver of my rights. "Do you mind the use of physical restraints in an emergency situation as a 'last resort'"? I naively answered that I didn't mind. Turns out, after being hired, I was mandated to take 3 full days worth of "PAC" restraint training classes. I had to "take down" a 50 year old,250 lb man w/ one other girl to "pass".. Other question was "what makes you wanna work here" BUT I had been referred by a friend that worked at a different house (more elderly, little-no restraints).

1 Answer

Uh there were no questions at my interview, i just got told what I was going to do.

1 Answer

How did you handle resistant clients in the past?

1 Answer

This job involved working with severely emotionally disturbed youth. The interviewer did a role-play with me, he was being the teenager who lived in one of the agency's group homes and I was going to be myself (group home staff). He leaned very close to me, put his hand on my leg and said 'So do you have a boyfriend?' He wanted to see how I would respond to such behavior.

110 of 157 Interview Questions