Respiratory therapist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Respiratory therapist Interview Questions

"Employers hiring respiratory therapists are looking for licensed candidates with degrees from programs recognized by the Commission of Accreditation for Respiratory Care. In an interview context, expect to answer questions about your knowledge of respiratory practices and equipment as well as your ability to handle difficult patients. When preparing for your interview, remember to showcase your interpersonal and problem solving skills."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Sell yourself, tell us why we should hire you over other candidates.

1 Answer

When I arrive to work, my objective is to apply my skills and knowledge to the best of my abilities. If I do not know the answer to a question, or if I feel uncomfortable during a certain procedure, I ask someone with senior level experience so that the highest level of care is delivered to our patients.

If you were confronted with a difficult situation, how would you handle it?

1 Answer

Give me an example of when you had to handle a difficult patient not responding to care.

3 Answers

If there was a sick newborn in the nursery, an adult patient in the ER in distress, and a patient on one of the general floors who needed respiratory care all at the same time, who would you see first.

What shift could I work

2 Answers

What have you done in the past that might hinder your performance here in the future?

2 Answers

He asked if I'd be willing to work different shifts. I only wanted days.

Availability

1 Answer

The questions were simple questions and had nothing to do with the actual care. The people who asked questions were tattered and worn out looking. They acted like they had to many other things to do than to be in a meeting.

110 of 177 Interview Questions