Retail interview questions | Glassdoor

Macy's Interviews

www.macysjobs.com  /  HQ: Cincinnati, OH

5,185 Interviews

2.2 Easy

Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

The manager of component 'A' says his functionality is more important than that of component 'B.' The manager of component 'B' says his is more important than that of component 'A.' You can only implement one A or B, but not both - which do you choose to implement.

10 Answers

I reference the Product Plan and select the component w/ the higher priority. The interview says "There is no Product Plan." I say "I select the one w/ the higher ROI." They say "there is no ROI." I say "then I choose the component whose manager has the best rationale."

I would say to do my own research

I would say whichever is more valuable to customer & gives competitive advantage to Amazon.

Write a method to decide if the given binary tree is a binary search tree or not.

4 Answers

How do you give about giving a presentation without preparation or knowledge of the subject?

5 Answers

how do you attempt to sale when there are no customers in the sore?

3 Answers

Tell me how you would scale a social media software platform?

3 Answers

What would you do if you brought a customer something to try on and they didn't like it?

2 Answers

What would you do if senior management demanded delivery of software in an impossible deadline?

2 Answers

Sell me this tape dispenser.

2 Answers

What would you do if you had an employee who refused to follow a new program?

2 Answers

"A customer is buying cans of vegetables that are ringing up at $0.75, but she insists they were on sale for $0.35. What would you do?"

4 Answers