Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Retail Interview Questions

"Working in retail demands superb customer service and teamwork abilities. Employers look for candidates with strong communication skills who can offer convincing sales pitches, handle busy stores, and politely assist any kind of customer. Retail environments often get hectic, so be prepared to role-play a stressful situation, such as multiple customers vying for your attention. To ace your interview, try looking up a specific job title such as store manager, shift manager, sales associate, and cashier."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Scenario: Try to convince me to upgrade to the $70 plan instead of the $50 plan

2 Answers

With the new plan you will have more minutes and text messages per month, I see you have gone over a few times in the past few months, with this plan you can prevent those high overage charges,

We know that you love chat with your couple and friends and we care about you! so If you upgrade to the $70 plan you’re gonna have unlimited minutes to call your girlfriend and keep her happy and unlimited text messages to chat with your friends. Also you have better benefits like a Netflix free account to the perfect date with your lovely partner, so you’re gonna save money watching a movie at home than taking her to the theater hahaha...

What was a time you handled a difficult client?

2 Answers

Describe a time that you dealt with a teammember who felt disciminated against.

2 Answers

What qualifications do you look for in an employee ?

2 Answers

What would you do if one of your employees came to you with a very personal problem that did not have anything to do with their job?

1 Answer

Sell me this paper clip (or any other various object they may have)

1 Answer

How would you sell a Macy's credit card?

1 Answer

An old man and a younger person come in at the same time, who would you help first?

1 Answer

Can you describe a time where you had to give and receive feedback?

29 Answers

Do you have cash handling experience?

6 Answers