Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Retail Interview Questions

"Working in retail demands superb customer service and teamwork abilities. Employers look for candidates with strong communication skills who can offer convincing sales pitches, handle busy stores, and politely assist any kind of customer. Retail environments often get hectic, so be prepared to role-play a stressful situation, such as multiple customers vying for your attention. To ace your interview, try looking up a specific job title such as store manager, shift manager, sales associate, and cashier."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Describe a time that you dealt with a teammember who felt disciminated against.

1 Answer

I addressed my team member's issue face to face and educated her as to why I was requesting certain information be documented.

An old man and a younger person come in at the same time, who would you help first?

Scenario: Try to convince me to upgrade to the $70 plan instead of the $50 plan

1 Answer

How would you sell a Macy's credit card?

1 Answer

Sell me this paper clip (or any other various object they may have)

1 Answer

What would you do if one of your employees came to you with a very personal problem that did not have anything to do with their job?

1 Answer

What was a time you handled a difficult client?

2 Answers

What qualifications do you look for in an employee ?

2 Answers

You have a problem employee that you must fire as soon as possible and you have to change the store out for a brand new promotion the next day. Would you fire the employee first or wait until the store closed and put up the new promotional material?

3 Answers