Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Retail Interview Questions

"Working in retail demands superb customer service and teamwork abilities. Employers look for candidates with strong communication skills who can offer convincing sales pitches, handle busy stores, and politely assist any kind of customer. Retail environments often get hectic, so be prepared to role-play a stressful situation, such as multiple customers vying for your attention. To ace your interview, try looking up a specific job title such as store manager, shift manager, sales associate, and cashier."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

You have a problem employee that you must fire as soon as possible and you have to change the store out for a brand new promotion the next day. Would you fire the employee first or wait until the store closed and put up the new promotional material?

Fire the employee.

fire the employee based on your instructions. Fire the employee, suck it up and do the promotional material after employee leaves. I am sure you will need to communicate the firing to HR ASAP.

Complete the project.

What are your strengths?

3 Answers

What would your most recent employers say about you?

2 Answers

What is your 10 year plan with the company - threw me off guard because I hadn't really though that far ahead.

4 Answers

When were you given a NO, and not able to turn that into a YES?

4 Answers

Do you have any previous work experience?

3 Answers

What would you bring to our company?

2 Answers

3 metrics on how to measure success on a software solution that has just been implemented in the page

3 Answers

When did you over-promise to a customer? When did you have to make an unpopular decision?

4 Answers

HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.

110 of 9,489 Interview Questions