Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Retail Interview Questions

"Working in retail demands superb customer service and teamwork abilities. Employers look for candidates with strong communication skills who can offer convincing sales pitches, handle busy stores, and politely assist any kind of customer. Retail environments often get hectic, so be prepared to role-play a stressful situation, such as multiple customers vying for your attention. To ace your interview, try looking up a specific job title such as store manager, shift manager, sales associate, and cashier."

Retail Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What experience do you have with sales.

1 Answer

I have a marketing internship with a year and a half of retail sales.

When did you over-promise to a customer? When did you have to make an unpopular decision?

4 Answers

At the end of the "humoring" review and affected discussion of my resume, I was asked why a person with my level of education with a degree from a college well known for its exclusivity of aptitude and challenging degree programs (obviously, more brusquely put than this, i think it was more like, "someone who went to a smart school") wanted a "job at a mall?" Not only was the delivery of her quick, astute summary of my resume unexpected, so was the suddenly subjective turn in questioning, and thus the inherent risk therein of an explanatory, comprehensive answer...

3 Answers

How proficient are you in computers?

3 Answers

What is the difference between marketing for a brand and retail company?

1 Answer

Are you comfortable racially profiling people in an attempt to catch people shoplifting? (This is serious! Target in Alexandria, Hybla Valley, and Falls Church, VA all engage in this, especially against African-Americans.)

1 Answer

Why do you think you would be right for this CSR position?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here?

2 Answers

What would you expect of me if you do not hit your numbers? What would you expect of me if you continuously do not hit your numbers.

1 Answer

Can you wear high heels on a daily basis?

2 Answers