Retail Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Retail Manager Interview Questions

Retail manager interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

What would you do if one of your employees came to you with a very personal problem that did not have anything to do with their job?

1 Answer

I would offer them an ear to vent to, be sympathetic and empathetic, and suggest that they seek assistance or advice from a professional, for example, any resources provided by the company to assist them in their life dilemma (HR Departments often offer "Help" resources), and ask them if they feel that this issue would impact their performance on the job if not taken care of. Personal problems are just that: Personal. And they MAY affect the workplace, peer relationships, etc, so I would refer them to professionals, and keep an eye out for any performance issues.

Describe a time that you dealt with a teammember who felt disciminated against.

1 Answer

What qualifications do you look for in an employee ?

2 Answers

You have a problem employee that you must fire as soon as possible and you have to change the store out for a brand new promotion the next day. Would you fire the employee first or wait until the store closed and put up the new promotional material?

3 Answers

3 metrics on how to measure success on a software solution that has just been implemented in the page

3 Answers

HR person surprised me when asking if I had my presentation ready when she took me to the interview room. I asked her what she was talking about, and she said her email had advised me that I'd need to create and present an catman example to my interviewers, and that I was supposed to have hard copies for them. (I subsequently checked my emails, and confirmed that there was no mention of a presentation). After the interviews, she told me that she double checked her records, and that this position did not require a presentation.

3 Answers

Tell me a time when you had to deliver bad news to a supervisor?

2 Answers

How would you construct an algorithm to determine who, among a database of customers, should receive one of two different emails?

1 Answer

Tellme about a time when you had a disgruntal customer and how did you handle it and what was the outcome.

Background for position