Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor
Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

Financial Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

Interviewers will expect financial analyst candidates to be well-versed in financial markets, modeling, and analysis. Make sure you are comfortable with both micro and macroeconomics. In addition to highly technical questions, be ready to answer a few behavioral questions that will show off your communication and collaboration skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How many angels fit on the head of a pin

3 Answers

hey! I don't even understand this question!! Native English speakers, "angels" in the heaven? "pin" to use on the paper? Makes no sense to me.

It's a question without an answer that you would reasonably know. Like, "How many ping pong balls can fit in a bus?" The point is to see how logically you work through the answer.

Case interviews centered around business strategy, profitability, & breakeven points. My three questions revolved around CC insurance, Customer Service Outsourcing, and a University CC program.

1 Answer

Case question: 1. About a insurance product: to decide whether it's good to launch the product, and to calculate whether the program will be profitable, and the break even response rate, the price and etc. 2. To evaluate the financial impact of cancel of a employment check on the card application: if canceled, the % of bad accts that would make the portfolio still profitable. The breakeven % of bad accts.

What would you do if you did not know the answer to something on a project that had a short deadline?

Tell me about a time where you persuaded someone to see things your way.

Honestly, there were no unexpected questions. The most difficult question is the case question. The interviewer is looking for you to get all the math right on that.

Different methods for valuing companies, basic income statement analysis, break-even analysis, etc.

No difficult questions. Very professional. Be prepared for behavioral as well as professional questions.

Tell me about a time when you had to challenge the organization.