Program Manager Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Program Manager Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

Program managers are responsible for overseeing several company projects that are connected by a common goal. Employers are looking for candidates who excel at people management and conflict resolution. Interviewers will want to know about your leadership and multitasking skills, so come ready to discuss a time you were able to successfully motivate a group to meet an imminent deadline or any experience diffusing issues between coworkers.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about yourself. Judgement, Adaptability Questions were Behavioral/Situational. Use the STAR Method.

1 Answer

Qualifications for Manager in Training Associate's Degree; OR 1 year SAM'S Club experience; OR 1 year retail experience with 6 months supervisory experience; OR 3 years military experience. I have been running a Small Business for 5 Years and during this time have been managing employees. I was told by one of the Sam's Store Managers that was listening in on my interview that the Hiring Store Manager (the other Manager that was on the phone) indicated that I didnt have enough experience with the company so they didn't move forward with my application. Are you serious Sam's Club, it really upset me because you all hire people directly from the outside that have NO manager experience and put them in the MIT Program, so if you work for Wal-Mart or Sam's they will not promote you to Manager in Training unless you have worked for them for at least 1 yr, this is what I got from this conversation. One thing I know is that no company calls you for an interview unless you qualify for the job period. I must have to resign and apply from the outside which doesn't make any sense.

How would you handle a client that goes above your head to upper management regarding a issue at the site?

What is your management style? What would you do if money was no object?

No truly difficult questions. Only questions about specific processes and approaches specific to the work of the position.

They are situational or questions taken from your Virtual Job Tryout. It's a panel interview format you are going through a round robin with external and internal candidates. I noticed a different demeanor toward the internal candidates from the panel. The panel interviewers should at least try to hide their boredom with the interview day Get over yourselves! So not only did they lose a candidate they lost a customer.

How would you define success for this role in 3, 6 and 12 months?

What are your biggest weaknesses?

1 Answer

Name a positive personality trait that you don't have.