Sales Associate Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Sales Associate Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

"When hiring sales associates, employers are looking for charismatic candidates who can provide helpful advice to customers and close sales. Be prepared to answer a few scenario questions that will assess your ability to handle difficult customers, sell a product, or excel on a team. Previous sales experience is an advantage, but not necessary."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you close a sale?

2 Answers

Ask for the sale.

It’s a step-by-step procedure which includes asking open-ended questions to help customer identify their needs. Then listening for questions from the customer that shows their level of interest. A question may include: “Do you carry the latest model?” The tip to answering those kind of questions is never to give a flat out “yes/no” answer, but to counter question it like “would you like the latest model, or would you be interested in a different model in means of saving you money?” In some cases, letting the customer know of beginning and ending dates of a reduced or increase coast in price shows that you are willing to work with the customer to have him/her money in the investment. Another tip is to separate yourself from the other sales people, by trying to make your customer your new best friend by constantly looking for new ways to better serve them. Being their resource for the latest information, and sharing my knowledge of the product also creates added value to the customers. Another helpful tip is to be accessible, because you don’t want to lose that customer by not being there when they need you. Some behavioral traits in selling to show is upbeat, positive attitude, enthusiasm with voice or facial expressions, because when you show the customer you enjoy what you are doing, they will respect you for that. In closing a sale, offer alternatives, because people like choices. And lastly, ask the customer if he/she has any further questions, and if not and he’s made his choice, I will tell them that I will bring it out from the back room and we will get you set up for check out.

Tell about a time you gave great customer service.

1 Answer

How will you handle it, if there is a problem with another associate?

1 Answer

What qualities from your recent employer have you learned that you are proud of??

1 Answer

Describe a time that you were faced with a difficult decision, and how did hoisted handle it?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time that you thought outside of the box.

1 Answer

Do you have any experience in sales?

1 Answer

How do you gain their trust?

1 Answer

My career goals, where I see myself in 5 years?

1 Answer

What are some ways to save money at Old Navy.

110 of 197 Interview Questions