Senior Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Senior Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

Senior analyst interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me a time when you had to influence clients to follow a different course of action.

1 Answer

I explained the context for my client's initial inclination and how I persuaded them to adopt a different alternative through case studies, data and postulating how their selection would impact their users in the future (creative visualization).

CASE: Cross-selling Credit Insurance to Cardholders direct mail: .50, 1% response rate, avg balance $1000, 5% claim insurance, etc. Profitable? How make more profitable? What if response rate doubled but claims doubled? Make chart of profit curve, what does it mean if..., etc.

13 Answers

Anti-freeze: planning to buy a company with 12.5 in cash, 10% bonds for the remaining amount. Total worth of the company $137.5. assuming there is no discount rate. When will u break-even. And is it a good buy? Part(2) - Anti-freeze is currently priced at $8, with 60% market share; there are other products in the market(A) priced at $7 with 15% market share, (B) at $7 with 7% market share and (c) with $5 and 10% market share. Should we consider decreasing our price by $1 or NOT?

3 Answers

CASE: Recovering Written-off Past Due Balances 6 months past due, avg $2000 balance, 15% pay in full, profitable? If introduce settlement option for 60% of balance, 10% pay settlement but 5% of them dont pay in full, better choice? With new model, now 9% pay in full, but with settlement option now 10% take settlement but a third of original payers dont pay in full, better? etc. (poorly worded and confusing case. unhelpful vague interviewer, arggg, cost me the job).

3 Answers

case study: credit card insurance profit per customer cost of mailing $0.5, response rate 1%, average balance per month $1000, insurance charges 1% of average balance monthly, customer claim rate 5% (once insured customer files a claim, the balance will be wiped and C1 lose $1000). Question: profit per customer, graph claim rate vs response rate, graph profit vs response rate and find the response rate for maximum profit (r=1%)

3 Answers

How many angels fit on the head of a pin

3 Answers

There were no difficult or unexpected questions given.

1 Answer

Break Even about credit default rates

call center

1 Answer

phone screening- Five 5th grade level mathematical questions Onsite interview- basic behavioral questions

110 of 116 Interview Questions