Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Business Analyst

Senior Business Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

"As a senior business analyst, you are being hired for your years as a business analyst, providing you with the experience and guidance that other business analysts need. Interviewers want to see that you are capable of taking on more complex projects by testing your Excel skills, ability to perform an analysis, and leadership in a team setting. Be prepared to focus on your previous experiences with data, multi-tasking, and organizations and how it has all culminated to help you make sound decisions for the company."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me a time when you had to influence clients to follow a different course of action.

1 Answer

I explained the context for my client's initial inclination and how I persuaded them to adopt a different alternative through case studies, data and postulating how their selection would impact their users in the future (creative visualization).

Anti-freeze: planning to buy a company with 12.5 in cash, 10% bonds for the remaining amount. Total worth of the company $137.5. assuming there is no discount rate. When will u break-even. And is it a good buy? Part(2) - Anti-freeze is currently priced at $8, with 60% market share; there are other products in the market(A) priced at $7 with 15% market share, (B) at $7 with 7% market share and (c) with $5 and 10% market share. Should we consider decreasing our price by $1 or NOT?

3 Answers

Break Even about credit default rates

1 Answer

A typical behavioral interview will be done in two parts, each part will have three questions (six questions total). This part of the interview is focused on the candidate telling how they did something (not what they would do, but what they actually did). Some example questions: 1- Tell me when you had to learn something new at work. 2 - Tell me when you had to convince others to go along with your ideas instead of their own.. etc.. Give as much detail as possible - they want to see people that think independently and not wait around for someone to tell them what to do etc)..

1 Answer

Cap One is usually collects default accts by calling these customers. Usually 15% of customers pay their accounts off. Now, they are consdering giving an offer to the customers for paying 60% amount. Should we do that or not. Abg balance is $2000. This offer will impact now, that only 10% customers will pay in full and 10% will pay 60% offer. part(b)- since we are stealing our own customers by giving an offer, what is the cannibalization rate? and what is the max. cannibalization rate that Capital One can do to break even?

4 Answers

The questions were based on my experience in the job which I was applying. I also was asked questions by other panel members regarding the degree of interaction I had with those departments, etc.

1 Answer

They gave me a question about airline telephones. They wanted me to evaluate the economics of buying out a company that provides telephone service that can be used on airplanes. The parameters were taken from the airline telephone industry back in the 90's when that industry was beginning to fail because of the growth spurt of cell phones.

1 Answer

Job fit - business requirement vs system requirement vs design Case - How to go about reducing the # of credit care welcome packets

1 Answer

Standard background questions, technical questions.

How do you deal with fast paced project deliverable and demanding customers?