Software Engineer Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Software Engineer

Software Engineer Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

Software engineers write programs to design and develop computer software. Interviews are highly technical, so come ready to work through coding problems and math brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific software discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

When would it be better to use a LinkedList collection as opposed to an ArrayList?

1 Answer

A LinkedList is ideal when frequently adding, removing, or accessing the element stored at the head or tail, essentially being a O(1) lookup.

What is the difference between a Map and a Tuple?

1 Answer

What would you do if you are trying to solve a problem but don't know how to do it, due to system knowledge or programming knowledge?

1 Answer

tell me about best project u worked

1 Answer

A question about C# lambda expressions (a fairly new technique).

1 Answer

The case question was about mortgage securities, a topic I am not particularly familiar with. Luckily after some question asking and thinking aloud I was able to work my way through the case.

1 Answer

What was the most interesting project you worked on?

What OOD steps would you take to implement a Bank with some restrictions? - Delete all transactions after 6 months - Find a transaction by date - Some other stuff, cant remember

1 Answer

Describe a situation where you had to chose different technology in the middle of the project

Validate Binary Search Tree