Systems Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Systems Analyst

Systems Analyst Interview Questions in Richmond, VA

"Systems analysts work to build, maintain, and improve speed and efficiency of computer systems. Employers are looking for analytical thinkers with the ability to identify and solve complex problems. During the interview process, expect to be quizzed on your knowledge of IT systems such as networking processes and infrastructure. A bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is generally expected."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Honest warm enough technical problem solving situational lessons followed up by behavioral and situational questions

1 Answer

Is working long hrs is something that a person will be comfortable with?

Mostly finance related questions. I can't recall exactly what they were.

Standard interview questions, more soft skills and situational type questions than technical interview questions. i.e. How do you handle a situation where x, y, z happens?

2 Behavioral interview - 3 questions each interview

There was not one particular question - it's the overall feel of the interview process. One must remember that Capital One and their employees have what some people would think of as "arrogance" in their approach to meeting new people. There is an air of suspicion and superiority that you must be able to rise above and not let it intimidate you. Capital One is no better or worse than any other company in the banking/credit card world in terms of their people skills, and I've worked for several of those companies. One thing that no one can overcome at Capital One is their age or race. Although Capital One does have older workers, the vast majority of Capital One employees are very young, i.e average age is probably somewhere around 35 years old and/or just minted college graduates. If you happen to be Indian, or a foreigner in general, that's even better!! If you are just graduating college and get a job at Capital One, you will be treated like royalty and be given the best opportunities at succeeding in the company. When I first started I was a bit envious of the training opportunities and "red carpet" treatment that newly minted college grads received compared to their average, middle aged co-workers. I've never felt so old in all my life!!

The questions were all behavioral, nothing out of the ordinary.