Software Engineer Interview Questions in Riverside, CA | Glassdoor

Software Engineer Interview Questions in Riverside, CA

Software engineers write programs to design and develop computer software. Interviews are highly technical, so come ready to work through coding problems and math brainteasers. The specific questions you are asked will depend on what type of programming position you are looking for. Try researching a specific software discipline such as web development, application development, or system development.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is the difference between a reference and a pointer?

3 Answers

They are the same, but you can't reassign a reference and you have to de-reference a pointer to get to the data.

There are additional differences. I would not say that they are same because: 1. References cannot be null, whereas pointers can; every reference refers to some object, although it may or may not be valid. 2. A reference always identifies a valid object in the memory. 3. References cannot be uninitialized. Because it is impossible to reinitialize a reference, they must be initialized as soon as they are created. In particular, local and global variables must be initialized where they are defined and references which are data members of class instances must be initialized in the class's constructor. 4. Once a reference is created, it cannot be later made to reference another object; we can say it cannot be reseated. This is often done with pointers.

Thank you for elaborating. I didn't go into the full details for the sake of brevity. Your answer is definitely more helpful and correct than the one I originally wrote.

How many integers fit in 2GB of RAM?

3 Answers

What is the difference between a map and a unordered_map?

1 Answer

Gave me a problem that count the number of 1's in a bit pattern that had several errors in it and asked me to debug.

What is the difference between post and pre increment?

What is the Big(O) notation of this problem?

She asked my project experience. And my proficiency about java.

Given an array, sum the total value of numbers.

1 Answer

"How much did you want to get paid" "How many hours can you work"