Rochester, MN interview questions | Glassdoor

Interview questions in Rochester, MN

Mayo Clinic Interviews in Rochester

www.mayoclinic.org /  HQ: Rochester, MN

117 Interviews in Rochester (of 336)

3.1 Average

Hormel Interviews in Rochester

www.hormelfoods.com /  HQ: Austin, MN

54 Interviews in Rochester (of 131)

2.9 Average

IBM Interviews in Rochester

www.ibm.com /  HQ: Armonk, NY

41 Interviews in Rochester (of 9,789)

2.2 Easy

Interview Questions in Rochester

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why do you think you would be a good fit for the company?

3 Answers

I am good at building rapport with clients and instilling trust by following through with the services I say I will provide.

I have a son I want to build a career for my self so he can have a future I think that says im going to work 110% everyday and be there everyday

Have you ever experienced a time when a co-worker was acting inappropriately in the office? If so, how did you handle it?

Technical question

"Sell me this pen."

1 Answer

Describe a time when you had to work on a complicated task in a group.

2 Answers

What my qualifications were.

2 Answers

Typical production questions - How do you handle conflict resolution, Then they want you to tell them how to fix their problem with lighting and ignition circuit failures, with no data, no specifications, no test data. - Production should stick to assembly related problems and not try to design the product. They are currently using Solid Works and Pro E software - "That's just the way things happened". Just a little FYI some companies have 4 to 5 different CAD packages. It come down to can they communicate with each other. They have no analysis software which speeds up product development by 30 to 40%. Projects typically take 12 to 18 months. The lab is a basic combustion lab, A gas line, regulator, hose, QD connector with a wet or dry volume meter and a combustion analyzer. This is typically what is found in 90% of labs across the country. You can't expect much, a fireplace or a stove is little more than a box with a burner in it. They are mostly for decoration and range from zero to 100% efficient but the heat is not regulated, turn on or off. The model shop is up to date and separate from the manufacturing operations. They want a 20% improvement in the product they are producing over their competitors. This made no sense since they are converting all product to the same as the AUTO manufactures (what metrics would you use?). One frame and several front grills and rear body styles. The factory looks just like an auto factory, conveyors going in several directions. Wet and dry paint lines, JIT (Just In Time) manufacturing. Suppliers making deliveries twice a day. They have project management problems - "Some use a spreadsheet and some use MS Project". Then they wonder why their having problems - No Consistency. Eng. Mngr. was pulled away from the interview over a dozen times during the process. Looks like you could have a stress heart attack by the time you're 40. Their spending most of their time putting out fires. Floor guided electric robots to deliver part to the assembly lines, but if one part is missing for an assembly the line stops - a little too much JIT thinking.

2 Answers

"What will you do, and how will you do it" in order to meet the companies objectives?

1 Answer

Name a time that you overcame a crisis in the work place

1 Answer

What was it about this position and Ellingson that I thought would make it a good match for me.

110 of 452 Interview Questions