rue21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

rue21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at rue21 (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process was dragged out to be longer than it should have been. I applied two months before finally getting in for an interview. Once I interviewed with the store manager it took a full week before i got a call back for a second interview. After the second interview it took another week for the job offer. Once I received the job offer it took another week for me to start training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Waynesboro, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

laid back like a convo style. The store manager will ask you about promo table updates or ext. also rue21 would like to know if you can sell because its a must do when it comes to selling fragrance for this company

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application online. After about a week I had an in-store interview with the store manager. After it went well with the SM, a week later I had an over the phone interview with the district manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a great experience. He was very professional and curious. Clean store great people and we'll customers base. It a place u like to work at and for. He explained everything.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I had to have a three part interview. One at the location i intially applied, one three hours away from that location and another two hours from that location.it was the same interview questions at each location. There was several lasp in communication with my paper work and online hiring process procedures.

Interview Questions

• What was a project that I spearheaded in my last assistant manager job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceburg, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Lawrenceburg, TN).

Interview

Received a call and went for an interview about two days later. The interview was extremely casual. The manager was very laid back, so the interview was not stressful. Had I received the offer I would have had another interview with the district manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It was very detailed about customer service experience. I was asked to provide examples of scenarios that I had been through. It was easy to generalize answers. By far the easiest job interview I have ever had. It was also done very quickly like the manager had a limited amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a bad customer experience and turned into a positive one.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 in August 2014.

Interview

They called and asked if i was still interested in the position. Of course I said yes. Then we set up an interview. The questions are pretty basic. Be yourself and confident. They won't consider you for what ever postion you applied for if you give generic answers. But that goes with any job interview, right?

Negotiation

I just suggested what I made and they bumped me up a dollar.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

You fill out an application and have an interview with the store manager. It's a typical retail Assistant Manager interview with the exception of FRAGRANCES. Rue21 is crazy about selling fragrance, so expect to do some selling role play, if you can't sell fragrances; you do not have any business working at rue21. If that goes well you interview with the district manager, most likely over the phone. He or she will talk more about your stores special strengths and weaknesses. And how will you help this if you come to this team? At this point they might be considering putting you in a store you didn't even apply for, rue21 shifts their managers around like crazy. That's pretty much the extent of the interview process. You may have to interview with the regional or loss prevention managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

Come prepared to ask questions such as how does the company handle theft, ask for details? What are the expectations for the assistant manger? What happens if expectations are met? What are the company views on work and life balance? What practices are in place to reduce theft? What procedures are in place to ensure staff safety? How many assistant managers have been employed at this location for the past 5 years? Ask for a detailed description of a normal day in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The questions presented are common with the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Don't expect the company to hire you in at a decent wage. Negotiate your wages, you are worth every penny.