rue21 Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.0

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at rue21 in August 2017.

Interview

First interview was good, it was quick and thw manager that interviewed me was very encouraging. She said i would be great on their team im outgoing and fun. I called the following day to see if i could schedule a second interview with the other manager (shes thw one who makes the big decisions) im on my way to do the second interview today. We will see what happens! !

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for rue 21?   1 Answer
  • what do you think is the style going on right now in fashion?   1 Answer
  • have you ever worked in clothing and retail?   1 Answer
  • please take 5 minutes on the floor and find three positive things and three things we should work on   1 Answer
  • what is your experience as a manager? what were you good at? what were you bad at?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview is very deceiving, as I learned. I was hyped up, to be let down tremendously. Extremely unstable, and the culture isn't even close to what they mention in the training or initial interview.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at rue21 (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process was dragged out to be longer than it should have been. I applied two months before finally getting in for an interview. Once I interviewed with the store manager it took a full week before i got a call back for a second interview. After the second interview it took another week for the job offer. Once I received the job offer it took another week for me to start training.

Anonymous Employee in Tannersville, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Tannersville, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very informal. Brief behavioral questions and a few customer relation questions, employee training, and a few management questions. The store manager that interviewed me spoke alot of his personal life which was uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• How would you boost fragrance sales of a sales associate that's having trouble ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Waynesboro, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Waynesboro, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

laid back like a convo style. The store manager will ask you about promo table updates or ext. also rue21 would like to know if you can sell because its a must do when it comes to selling fragrance for this company

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 in August 2016.

Interview

I filled out an application online. After about a week I had an in-store interview with the store manager. After it went well with the SM, a week later I had an over the phone interview with the district manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

It was a great experience. He was very professional and curious. Clean store great people and we'll customers base. It a place u like to work at and for. He explained everything.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I had to have a three part interview. One at the location i intially applied, one three hours away from that location and another two hours from that location.it was the same interview questions at each location. There was several lasp in communication with my paper work and online hiring process procedures.

Interview Questions

• What was a project that I spearheaded in my last assistant manager job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceburg, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Lawrenceburg, TN).

Interview

Received a call and went for an interview about two days later. The interview was extremely casual. The manager was very laid back, so the interview was not stressful. Had I received the offer I would have had another interview with the district manager.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

The interview was done over the phone. It was very detailed about customer service experience. I was asked to provide examples of scenarios that I had been through. It was easy to generalize answers. By far the easiest job interview I have ever had. It was also done very quickly like the manager had a limited amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a bad customer experience and turned into a positive one.   Answer Question