rue21 Product Development and Assistant Merchandiser Interview Questions | Glassdoor

rue21 Product Development and Assistant Merchandiser Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Product Development and Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

They initially contacted me for a phone interview. After that I was scheduled to come in for a 1:1 interview. I was there for hours after driving 4 hours for the interview. I interviewed with 6 people. They asked personal questions about kids, relationships and family. Makes you quite uncomfortable. They also ask you confidential information about your current jobs especially if they are a competitor.

I was told originally I would be called back by the end of the week. One month later I got a call asking to come in again. So I did and the process started all over again. They asked even more personal questions and confidential information about previous jobs. They also told me a different salary $3,000 less the second time I came. It was at that point I decided that the company was not worth my energy.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe in detail the merchandising selecting process at your current job?   1 Answer

Decreased salary