rue21 Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 9, 2017

1.9

110 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick interview, asked what you like best about the store and how you would describe yourself. I noticed the hiring manager was glancing at what I was wearing. I was fashionable with torn jeans, a crop, jewelry, and some sandals they were being sold at the moment. I got hired on the spot and started working the next week.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

I walked in got her name started talking to the manager we then went out and sat and some chairs she asked me some generic questions and that was about it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Beavercreek, OH) in July 2017.

Interview

First it was regular interview where we sat and talked. Then I was tasked with picking out an outfit for the manager that I believed fit her style and I had to sell it to her. I did SO WELL at this. The shorts i showed her, she actually owned and everything. After I sold her the clothes I put them all away and the other lady working was like "Wow! She's even putting it away" as if people usually didn't do that and.... I WAS NOT OFFERED THE JOB EVEN THOUGH I DID AN AMAZING JOB!

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Lawrenceville, GA).

Interview

Applied, Interviewed with General Manager, 2nd Interview with District Manager. (Because it was a new store opening at the time) Few days later I received a call to come in to fill out paperwork. Couple days later, started working.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle mall customer traffic differently from a regular store ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rue21 (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

You start off interviewing with the assistant manager in a small group setting, if they like you, you go interview one-on-one with the store manager. The first interview is typically more about your work ethic and your overall morals (feelings about theft, etc) whereas the second is more about how you feel about fashion and your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rue21 (Dover, DE).

Interview

I applied in July and heard something back the next month. The store manager was very friendly and asked me to come in. The in-person interview lasted about 30min and she said I would hear something before the week was over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

I declined the Job because of how they were going to schedule. Which depending on how much perfume you sold to customers is how much you get scheduled, and you need to meet the requirements for that day. Bogus.

Interview Questions

• Do you follow any major makeup or fashion brands or accounts on instagram or twitter?   1 Answer
    • If you could choose any animal to describe your personality what would you choose and why?   1 Answer
    • How familiar are you with selling products to customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Humble, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Humble, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online called the next day interviewed the next day got the job and the next day i received
    My paperwork to be filled out for being hired the process was very easy and smooth

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very fast, it took a total of 3 days! I applied the first day, got called the second, and then interview/hired on the third. The manager were very nice and welcoming. I was told that the pay doesn't change and they really do put an emphasis on selling perfume because that's what gives you your hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at rue21 (Waterbury, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview was very easy. I walked in and waited until the manger was done with the candidate before me. The interview took place in the store and it was very simple and quick. The person who interviewed me was very nice and laid back. I felt like I was talking to an old friend or class mate. The whole interview probably took about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to rue21?   1 Answer