rue21 Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

rue21 Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rue21 (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

You start off interviewing with the assistant manager in a small group setting, if they like you, you go interview one-on-one with the store manager. The first interview is typically more about your work ethic and your overall morals (feelings about theft, etc) whereas the second is more about how you feel about fashion and your personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for rue21

Anonymous Employee in Dover, DE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at rue21 (Dover, DE).

Interview

I applied in July and heard something back the next month. The store manager was very friendly and asked me to come in. The in-person interview lasted about 30min and she said I would hear something before the week was over.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very fast, it took a total of 3 days! I applied the first day, got called the second, and then interview/hired on the third. The manager were very nice and welcoming. I was told that the pay doesn't change and they really do put an emphasis on selling perfume because that's what gives you your hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at rue21 (San Antonio, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First interview was amaazing. It went super smooth and perfect. The assistant manager asked the usual interview questions. Then I was asked to sell a perfume to the manager to show my ability to sell. In the end, she said it went perfect.
    I was called back two days later for a second interview. Sadly, I arrived 10min late because a relative end up taking my car and didn't get back til 30min later. So, the manager made me wait 10min for her to call me into the office for an interview. From the start, you could immediately tell she had no interest in interviewing me anymore. She asked the questions super fast and had zero care for what answers I gave her. She cut the interview within 4min unexpectedly and explained there were more candidates to interview and I'll hear back from her within a week. Heard back within six hours that I did not make the cut.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. (1st and 2nd interview)   1 Answer
    • How long did you work at your last job? (1st interview)   1 Answer
    • We're all about selling perfume, so what I want you to do is sell me this perfume. Name it whatever you like, give your price, and roll with it. Can you do that? (1st interview)   1 Answer
    • What do you like about Rue21? (2nd interview)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at rue21 (Waterbury, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

My interview was very easy. I walked in and waited until the manger was done with the candidate before me. The interview took place in the store and it was very simple and quick. The person who interviewed me was very nice and laid back. I felt like I was talking to an old friend or class mate. The whole interview probably took about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to rue21?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Oglethorpe, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at rue21 (Fort Oglethorpe, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

I put in my application and waited two days. I decided to call them and ask if there was anything else I could do to improve my chances of getting an interview. She scheduled one right then for two days later. Whenever I got the the interview, she asked me to look around the store for a few minutes, and she would come find me. There was hardly anyone in the store shopping, so it was a lot less intimidating. We sat on the bench where you try on shoes and she asked me a few questions. She told me the expectations and requirements of the job, and I got hired on the spot. The entire process only took about 15 minutes or so.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I think I could have negotiated the pay because she asked me what I was expecting, and I settle for about minimum wage. I told her I was not picky because I really wanted the job. She told me I would get from around 25 to 50 hours a week.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at rue21.

Interview

short, simple, a little surprising, general. The manager was nice. Really just looking for seasonal hires even though they hired me full time. Small store, seemed easy to handle. Interview seemed like I already got the job honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Olmsted, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at rue21 (North Olmsted, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

Basically me and the manager talked asked me very simple questions and asked about my background. Then after asked me questions the manager had me pretend to help a customer in need of a outfit with accessories and a perfume for a certain event.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at rue21 (Akron, OH) in September 2016.

Interview

I was not expected although the hiring manager set my interview up for Wednesday at 5. But the manager that interviewed me was kind even gave me some examples after I answered the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a costumer said an item was marked down?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Houston, TX).

Interview

I came in I went to the back and I was questioned. The woman who interviewed me was very friendly. I was very nervous and extremely very shy but she overlooked that and gave me a chance.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider yourself a very punctual person?   1 Answer