rue21 Interview Questions in Warrendale, PA | Glassdoor

2.7

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Employee Relations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a 30min phone interview with the recruiter. Questions were about my resume and past experiences. Then I got a second phone interview with the hiring manager for that position. No structure at all, just him telling me about the role and its duties. I felt that phone interview could've been skipped. Finally I was brought in for an in-person interview. AGAIN was extremely unstructured and was asked very few questions but still somehow lasted an hour with the hiring manager talking about the role and its duties again. It has been almost a month and I still haven't heard anything about the position. Whether I got it or not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter 2 months later. Completed a 10 minute phone interview and got asked to meet in person with people from my prospective department, which lasted an hour.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was comprehensive. I met with four separate managers who were each looking for specific characteristics and skills. They provided very detailed descriptions of the job requirements as well as the various projects that the new accountant would be involved in.

Merchandise Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA).

Interview

Interviewed on the phone with a recruiter asking the typical questions and then talked to the VP of Allocation. Went in once to meet with various members of the Allocation Dept. asking about my history and what I was looking for in the position and then received a call as a follow up interview and then received an offer which I took

Interview Questions

• *Have you visited our stores?
      Other typical questions about how I dealt with problems and peoples, weaknesses, strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Hiring process was extremely quick and easy. Applied and received a response within a month. After the initial interview, received an offer the day after. Interview was one on one. Similar questions were asked by each person conducting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked about skill set and past experiences. Overall, very comfortable and relaxed.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA).

Interview

I had 3 separate interviews, two 3 hours and one 5 hours for a new positron they were creating. I was told that I had all of what they were looking for and got the impression that the interviews went well. I met with 3 heads and a fellow associate. I was also told that they wanted to open up the position and begin interviewing other candidates to make sure they got the right fit, I never heard from them. That's fair, but don't waste people's time and money inviting them back when these are your intentions.

Web Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very long, drawn out process. First an online one-way interview, then phone interview, then in-person interview with three different people. Everyone was very friendly. There were only 4 people chosen for the last round of interviews so I think it just came down to experience and maybe some personality. I plan on applying again in the future.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day requesting an online interview be completed within the week. The online interview consisted of practice questions that you could repeat as many times as desired. The "official" interview included 5 questions that you could not re-record. If you messed up, you were stuck with that video. It was nice being able to film at home and on my own time, but it was slightly awkward answering questions to my laptop. It was recommended to visit a store before completing the interview, but there were no questions based on that experience.

I received a rejection email about a week after the online interview deadline. There was no feedback given about why I did not progress to the next stage, which would have been helpful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was a conflict within a work group. How did you remedy the situation?   Answer Question

Product Development and Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

They initially contacted me for a phone interview. After that I was scheduled to come in for a 1:1 interview. I was there for hours after driving 4 hours for the interview. I interviewed with 6 people. They asked personal questions about kids, relationships and family. Makes you quite uncomfortable. They also ask you confidential information about your current jobs especially if they are a competitor.

I was told originally I would be called back by the end of the week. One month later I got a call asking to come in again. So I did and the process started all over again. They asked even more personal questions and confidential information about previous jobs. They also told me a different salary $3,000 less the second time I came. It was at that point I decided that the company was not worth my energy.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe in detail the merchandising selecting process at your current job?   1 Answer

Decreased salary
    Not professional
    Too shady

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrendale, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at rue21 (Warrendale, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple for this company. They do most of the interviewing over the phone or via email because of their suburb headquarter location. They bring you in for final interviews at headquarters with one on one interviews with upper management and HR personnel.