Account Manager Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Account Manager

Account Manager Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

"When interviewing for an account owner position, be prepared to speak to your skills in communications, marketing, and client relations. Employers will be interested in your ability to create long lasting relationships with clients and generate sales for a portfolio of accounts. Your interviewer may test your abilities with a role play question, so be prepared to give a mock sales pitch to a difficult client."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

it's all just fake. It's a commission job that they dress up so those who are naive slowly get sold on it (cognitive dissonance)

2 Answers

just go with it...if you are naive, sweet, and have a great personality, you're hired!

In response... (again) 1. We are transparent in our interview process and very clear about the job responsibilities, expectations, and opportunities. There is not a single person who has interviewed with us who will tell you that they were led to believe that the account executive position or working their way up into management would be EASY- it's not. It takes hard work. And we are looking for people with a strong work ethic, which we communicate repeatedly. Now, is there a lot of opportunity for advancement in our company? Yes Is there a lot of opportunity to make a lot of money? Definitely yes. But it takes work, and it takes commitment. And we never promise otherwise. 2. Yes, we start off account executives on a commission-based pay structure seeing how the primary responsibility of this role is sales. We are very clear about this in the interview process. However, this pay structure is also designed to help us develop the entrepreneurial mentality in the people we work with. Learning to work for their reward and be results-focused are important lessons necessary to be successful in management, so we teach this early on. 3. We start at 11. We stop at 7. If someone wants to work later, they can, but our call center CLOSES at 9, making it impossible for them to work more than 10 hours a day even if they wanted to. 4. Our average account manager makes between $600-$800 a week. You'd know this if you ran payroll, but since you don't, it's questionable why you'd feel qualified to discuss what other people in the company are getting paid. 5. There's no need to respond to the claim about "10 people quitting a week" because LOL 6. We have standards in place to ensure that people in our company are making money. If we see that they are not, we understand that the company is not a good fit for them and vice versa. We have this policy of terminating employees below monthly standards as much for their benefit as we do our own. 7. We don't care what our employees do in their personal lives. At all. We do, however, have a zero tolerance policy for office drama and gossip. We are not running a high school. I apologize that you got offended when you and your "friends" were fired for violating those policies, but they simply go against our company values. 8. There's no need to defend the integrity or intelligence of our directors, anyone who meets them is fully capable of determining for themselves that they are business-minded individuals who are passionate about the business they run and focused on running it the right way. 9. As a former recruiter, we are sure you are aware that our company is in no way a "pyramid scheme" seeing how you never received a cut of commissions from any of the agents that you helped to recruit. This is the fundamental premise of a pyramid scheme. We run a marketing firm. We reach people the ins and outs of sales, marketing, and running a business. They get paid for the work they do, and the recruiter gets paid for handling hr. Two completely separate fields. 10. We think you should google the definition of "cognitive dissonance", seeing how you have used it here incorrectly. Here are some examples of what cognitive dissonance actually looks like: 1. The fact that you took so much time and energy out of your day to write multiple long, extensive reviews in which you explicitly lay out your own opinions and feelings about our company would lead many to believe that you clearly care about our company, however your words contradict this impression of your behavior. 2. The fact that you never once complained about these "issues" while employed, consistently voiced how much you enjoyed working with our team, and even chose to hangout with your bosses and coworkers in your free time would lead one to believe that you were happy with your employer, so it causes cognitive dissonance when one reads how drastically your opinion changed once you were fired. If you truly felt this way, why work with us in the first place? You wouldn't have. This post, along with others you have submitted, are clearly emotionally based and a reflection of the fact that you are upset that you got fired. That being said, you have certainly solidified for our team that we made the decision that you were not a good fit for our company. So, thank you for that :)

Is this something you are interested in?

1 Answer

What is more important customer service or making your number?

1 Answer

Are you comfortable with door to door kind of sales position?

Profile Review, followed by description of sales process, what I perceive client benefits of the product to be