Store Manager Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

Store Manager Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA

"When interviewing candidates for the role of store manager, employers are looking for positive leaders that can steer the team towards assisting customers, managing merchandise, and keeping the operation moving smoothly. In an interview context, be prepared to answer questions about your ability to sell a product, resolve issues, and create an enjoyable work environment with strong customer service. You should also be ready to discuss any previous experience in sales or retail."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

"Sell me your shirt." "What kind of animal would you ne?"

2 Answers

How is the animal question important?

Well, what type of animal you'd be says a lot about your personality. Also, you're applying to work at a children's store. I interact more with children at work than with the parents, at times. Clearly if you can't answer an animal question, you aren't going to be good interacting with the kiddos.

Most of the questions asking what do you do to stay motivated are seeking out what you do when it's slow or you haven't reached your sales quota. There's essentially one answer they're looking for which is, "I always find something to do to increase my sales." You have to seemingly sound obsessed with sales to play it safe unless your job is specifically for a customer service or auditing position.

1 Answer

A lot of focus on getting out stock quickly and stock rotation. I was asked if I had worked in a place that had a heavy stock rotation.

2 Answers

Tell me about a typical day in an ideal retail store? Tell me about yourself? Why would you be the best candidate for this position? What do you know about Merrell? What questions do you have about our company? The HR rep was looking for standards, attention to detail, consistency, a checklist for opening and closing, employee hiring experience, customer focus, conversion rates. Much less of a conversation and more of an emphasis on checking off the list of formatted questions.

1 Answer

What does stealing look like to you?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time you made a bad decision and what happened.

Why Dollar Tree?

1 Answer

Tell me about a time that you had to coach an underperforming associate, what was the scenario, what was your action, and what was the result?

How would you handle an employee who is excessive tardy to work?