Communications manager Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO | Glassdoor

Communications manager Interview Questions in Saint Louis, MO

"When interviewing for a position as a communications manager, you will be asked primarily about your communication and presentation skills. Employers will want to be sure you can handle their companies' internal and external communications. As a communications manager, you will be responsible for creating presentations and memos, ensuring all employees are up to date on changes within the company, and handling external communications to stakeholders and the public."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Do you think you would be satisfied doing this type of work?

4 Answers

There's no good answer to this. I said that it would be a different challenge than what I've been doing for the past many years and therefore would be very satisfying as it would keep me challenged.

"HR Guy said: “Depending on your comfort level.....A good answer is "I am looking for a challenge, that is why I am here today. I feel (insert name of company) will provide me with that opportunity which will benefit both (insert name) and my individual career goals."”" --- That would be a good answer for someone who isn't familiar with the company and doesn't already work there, but it isn't a good answer for someone who already works there and was looking to move up in their field. Unfortunately the person doing the interviewing and the person who would have been the manager determined I was overqualified for the job and that I would be bored because they had already been burned by hiring someone who did get bored and left after only a few months. They didn't want to get burned again so they refused to continue communicating with me (this was confirmed with people at the company). The funny thing is, I'm not over qualified for a job I haven't done before. While I am very qualified for what I do and over qualified for lesser positions in the same field, I'm not overqualified to be a car mechanic, because it isn't something I do on a regular basis. It's very unfortunate that HR and TA people assume people are over qualified if their resume is stellar, not realizing that different jobs require different skills and that people do sometimes apply for jobs that are outside their comfort zone for the challenge. Regardless of how 'over qualified' they seem to be for said position.

Tell me what you like most about [present employer]'s culture?

Name some things you liked about a previous supervisor and why. Name some things you disliked.

The most difficult thing was being asked the same question 4-5 times. I got no explanation of the position, the organizational structure, day to day responsibilities. Nothing. waste of time.

Could you handle picky and difficult board members?