Analyst Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL | Glassdoor

Analyst Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL

"Analysts work in a variety of fields to break down complex problems and find solutions. When interviewing candidates, employers are looking for applicants who have strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an in-depth knowledge of the field. For more information on the specific questions you'll be asked, try researching a particular role such as business analyst, financial analyst, programming analyst, or data analyst."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why are you the right person for this job.

3 Answers

Seeking confident, pro active response

I hate this kind of question. How does the potential candidate even know if they are right? They can only surmise based on the job description and their past experiences. I wish interviewers would stop using these kinds of "sabotage" questions. It ranks up there with "Where do you want to be in five years???" Next time someone asks that, tell them "on the beach in the Bahamas" . Completely ridiculous, as it is up to them to decide if you are the "right person", isn't it?

I would answer like this: " I can answer this question only to the extend 'why i thought this job is right for me'. If i am the right person for it or not ,would be up to you to answer , and, believe me, I would rather be not in a wrong job myself"

What functions did you use with Excel?

1 Answer

I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.

1 Answer

Are you a process or customer person?

1 Answer

I was asked a variety of questions from how to handle specific scenarios with co-workers to agile processes and tools used. There were no questions that I considered difficult but that is probably because this is what I have been doing for quite some time. I was asked how/when I find time to do documentation if I am in back to back meetings all day.

1 Answer

Do you think that you will be able to understand the accounting involved.

1 Answer

How would you handle clients that threaten to cancel our business?

How much experience do you have with Access?

If you have experience in (insert program) can you show us by doing (insert task).

What are your skills in correlation to the position applied for?