Business Analyst Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL | Glassdoor
Business Analyst Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL

Business Analyst Interview Questions in Saint Petersburg, FL

When interviewing a candidate for a business analyst role, employers are looking to assess your analytical problem-solving skills as well as your communication and collaboration skills. Be prepared to analyze a business case study and answer behavioral questions that often test your ability to handle challenging stakeholders or tight deadlines. Business analysts must also be creative thinkers, so expect to tackle a few unusual brainteasers that are designed to see how well you can think through a complex problem.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Why are you the right person for this job.

3 Answers

Seeking confident, pro active response

I hate this kind of question. How does the potential candidate even know if they are right? They can only surmise based on the job description and their past experiences. I wish interviewers would stop using these kinds of "sabotage" questions. It ranks up there with "Where do you want to be in five years???" Next time someone asks that, tell them "on the beach in the Bahamas" . Completely ridiculous, as it is up to them to decide if you are the "right person", isn't it?

I would answer like this: " I can answer this question only to the extend 'why i thought this job is right for me'. If i am the right person for it or not ,would be up to you to answer , and, believe me, I would rather be not in a wrong job myself"

Are you a process or customer person?

1 Answer

I was asked a variety of questions from how to handle specific scenarios with co-workers to agile processes and tools used. There were no questions that I considered difficult but that is probably because this is what I have been doing for quite some time. I was asked how/when I find time to do documentation if I am in back to back meetings all day.

1 Answer

I had a gap in employment so I was asked to explain that.

1 Answer

What functions did you use with Excel?

1 Answer

How do I deal with a challenging customer?

Have I experienced a decision made by management/organization that I did not agree with and how did I manage the changes?

How have you been challenged in your career, and how did you handle those more stressful situations?

most questions centered around ability to create processes, documentation and be a part of building a new department in IT, as well as doing the actual work

What is your background with Agile and Behavior Driven Development?