Sales associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales associate Interview Questions

"When hiring sales associates, employers are looking for charismatic candidates who can provide helpful advice to customers and close sales. Be prepared to answer a few scenario questions that will assess your ability to handle difficult customers, sell a product, or excel on a team. Previous sales experience is an advantage, but not necessary."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

how do you attempt to sale when there are no customers in the sore?

6 Answers

by calling people and begging them to come to the store to shop,no kidding!

use the time to call your clients and tell them about upcoming events in the store. Be sure to suggest that they come by to shop with you.

Contacting my Clients. Sometimes when starting out you do not have clients and I recommend asking friends and family to ask around for people to come in and as well posting events online and in neighborhoods. It sounds foolish but you will notice a difference in your paycheck and when you meet your goals and pre-sales.

Why would you recommend Monster HDMI cables versus generic brand?

4 Answers

What would you do if you brought a customer something to try on and they didn't like it?

3 Answers

Sell me this tape dispenser.

3 Answers

If you were busy with a line and checking out a customer and another customer seemed to need some help what would you do?

2 Answers

What do you do if you are unfamiliar with a product?

Scenario: Try to convince me to upgrade to the $70 plan instead of the $50 plan

2 Answers

What was a time you handled a difficult client?

2 Answers

How would you sell a Macy's credit card?

1 Answer

What would the name of your debut album be?

72 Answers