Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Associate Interview Questions

"When hiring sales associates, employers are looking for charismatic candidates who can provide helpful advice to customers and close sales. Be prepared to answer a few scenario questions that will assess your ability to handle difficult customers, sell a product, or excel on a team. Previous sales experience is an advantage, but not necessary."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Name a time someone lied to you

2 Answers

repeated questions about where EXACTLY I currently work.

2 Answers

The most difficult question or unexpected if you didn't do any research on this company to find the answer is; "WHO DO YOU THINK ARE OUR BIGGEST COMPETITORS". Some might think it's a trick question, but it definitely isn't. They are serious.

3 Answers

What brands do we carry? Look on the website What celebrity represents our brand most? Zooey Deschanel What age group do we sell to? 20s to 30s Describe the anthro women? Sample: Hippie Chic, Classic Boho girl, girly environmentalist and other variations with fashion words and the bohemian lifestyle. Questions very depending on interviewer

2 Answers

What salary are you expecting?

2 Answers

How do you feel about offering the Gap credit to customers and how would you offer?

2 Answers

What is more important preventing theft or customer service?

2 Answers

How do I do my research for current trends in the cosmetics industry?

3 Answers

Have you ever seen someone steal something.

Can you read?