Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Associate Interview Questions

"When hiring sales associates, employers are looking for charismatic candidates who can provide helpful advice to customers and close sales. Be prepared to answer a few scenario questions that will assess your ability to handle difficult customers, sell a product, or excel on a team. Previous sales experience is an advantage, but not necessary."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

If you could be #1 employee but have all your coworkers dislike you or you could be #15 employee and have all your coworkers like you, which would you choose?

46 Answers

#1 employee, because I am here to work and be the best employee that I can be. People may dislike me for other reasons, but as long as my managers like me...all that matters.

I'd definitely go for being the #15 employee. Being hated at work is going to destroy your productivity, both by making you loathe your job and making it nearly impossible for you to motivate a team of co-workers to get bigger projects done.

There are 53,000 employees at ADP. To have 14 people ranked higher than you within that organisation is still a sign that you are one of the most valuable employees. Better to have 14 people ranked higher than you and have a productive and courteous relationship with your coworkers than to be #1 and have a dysfunctional relationship with your coworkers.

You're a new addition to the crayon box, what color would you be and why?

45 Answers

Pick two celebrities to be your parents

21 Answers

If you could be any animal, what whould you be and why?

7 Answers

All were the basic questions you would expect, because they read from the papers left on the table by the store manager. One they kept asking was about my seasonal job, that I wasn't going back to, due to the commute and not driving any more, which I explained at least 5 times about and they still couldn't understand that I wanted to work near where I live. What part of that was confusing, maybe they just didn't understand because they didn't have it written down in front of them to read from.

6 Answers

Sell me this pen. I have to try to sell them a plain pen. Also had to sell them air.

6 Answers

If someone stole something (either an employee or a customer), what would you do?

5 Answers

Why would you recommend Monster HDMI cables versus generic brand?

4 Answers

True or false: people do lots of annoying things.

5 Answers

Explain the reason for your time lapse in jobs.

8 Answers