Sales director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales director Interview Questions

"Sales directors are expected to set sales goals, supervise sales managers, and establish prices for the company. During interviews, be prepared to talk about previous experience in sales, management style, and challenges that you have faced with difficult clients. Your interview may also include a mock sales call with the interviewer. Employers prioritize candidates understand the challenges of sales and have the leadership skills to guide a team."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you motivate people?

1 Answer

I believe that people need to embrace a goal and believe that they are capable of achieving it in order to be motivated to pursue that goal. I work with my team to develop goals that deliver on business targets and are achievable. By providing the vision, a measurable target, and supporting them with the right tools and information, I motivate my teams.

What were some of your biggest challenges in dealing with difficult clients and how did you overcome them?

1 Answer

Questions spanned from work experience examples all the way to my personality. What keeps me motivated and what do I like about my job.

1 Answer

Which advertising campaign that I conceived was a disaster and how did I bring it around?

1 Answer

Do you have any recruiting experience?

3 Answers

Show us examples of your work.

3 Answers

How would you go about introducing a new product to our customers, that is more expensive and could possibly derail current sales in process? Would you offer this new product as a total solution combined with current products, offer it separately, or after you close the sale of the current offering?

1 Answer

Wanted to know if I would stay in this position long term. You revealed their frustration at the swinging door they have had with sales people.

What is your ideal job

2 Answers

Prepare a sales presentation and present to a panel with 7 days prep time. Goal: Get a meeting with C-level executives.

110 of 1,376 Interview Questions