Sales Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Director Interview Questions

"Sales directors are expected to set sales goals, supervise sales managers, and establish prices for the company. During interviews, be prepared to talk about previous experience in sales, management style, and challenges that you have faced with difficult clients. Your interview may also include a mock sales call with the interviewer. Employers prioritize candidates understand the challenges of sales and have the leadership skills to guide a team."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How do you motivate people?

1 Answer

I believe that people need to embrace a goal and believe that they are capable of achieving it in order to be motivated to pursue that goal. I work with my team to develop goals that deliver on business targets and are achievable. By providing the vision, a measurable target, and supporting them with the right tools and information, I motivate my teams.

What were some of your biggest challenges in dealing with difficult clients and how did you overcome them?

1 Answer

Which advertising campaign that I conceived was a disaster and how did I bring it around?

1 Answer

Questions spanned from work experience examples all the way to my personality. What keeps me motivated and what do I like about my job.

1 Answer

Tell us about High School?

1 Answer

Do you have any recruiting experience?

3 Answers

Why would you be good for this job?

1 Answer

There were no hard questions. Only stuff like: what is your sales style or Tell me about your experiences.

1 Answer

Are you ok with traveling 30% of the time (sales)

Have you failed before