Sales Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Director Interview Questions

"Sales directors are expected to set sales goals, supervise sales managers, and establish prices for the company. During interviews, be prepared to talk about previous experience in sales, management style, and challenges that you have faced with difficult clients. Your interview may also include a mock sales call with the interviewer. Employers prioritize candidates understand the challenges of sales and have the leadership skills to guide a team."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Which advertising campaign that I conceived was a disaster and how did I bring it around?

1 Answer

It was a FMCG product ( consumer product ). There had been a sudden escalation in the rates for TV slots and the client's budget could not accommodate the sudden spike. We were able to reduce the number of cities in this marketing blitz and still get a huge bang for our buck.

What were some of your biggest challenges in dealing with difficult clients and how did you overcome them?

1 Answer

How do you motivate people?

1 Answer

Questions spanned from work experience examples all the way to my personality. What keeps me motivated and what do I like about my job.

1 Answer

Lack of focus on true discussion and silly attempt to derail the conversation with , "How much will this cost" questions

1 Answer

You are coming from executive search, why do you think you can sell and manage in a cost-centric staffing organization?

1 Answer

Tell us about High School?

1 Answer

Why would you be good for this job?

1 Answer

Why do you want to work here?

1 Answer

What did I do when one business source dried up.

110 of 1,075 Interview Questions