Sales Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

sales engineer Interviews

Sales Engineer Interview Questions

Sales engineers are responsible for pitching the technology or service of a company to possible buyers. Products need to be sold based on their performance and abilities and a sales engineer must be capable of conveying these qualities effectively to buyers. Interviews will feature various sales scenarios and test your ability to sell the type of product employers are offering.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

What is a typical sales call for you?

1 Answer

I would focus on entertaining clients and finding their motivations and needs. I spent too long talking about end-user type sales and solving their problems, reacting to unexpected events, etc.

How would you handle a differing opinion from another experienced Engineer.

1 Answer

The hardest question that caught me off guard, was when they asked if I was good with conflict resolution and how I deal with conflict.

1 Answer

Given a grid of characters output a decoded message. The message for the following would be IROCKA. (diagonally down right and diagonally up right if you can't go further .. you continue doing this) I B C A L K A D R F C A E A G H O E L A D

11 Answers

Describe a time you had to change your style to adapt to a situation or accommodate others.

5 Answers

How many layers in the OSI model?

9 Answers

What is the difference between SaaS and IaaS

4 Answers

Describe the difference between TCP and UDP

3 Answers

If you cant access the web console for a server, how would you troubleshoot?

6 Answers

How do you prioritize what is urgent and what can wait?

2 Answers