Sales Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Intern Interview Questions

Sales intern interview questions shared by candidates

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Suppose we hire you, and you and the rest of the new interns decide to go buy a cup of coffee. Each intern purchases one cup of coffee. One of the interns suggests everyone play a game. Everyone will flip a fair coin, dividing the group of interns into two subgroups: those that got heads and those that got tails. The game is this: whichever group is smaller evenly splits the cost of everyone's cup of coffee (i.e. if there are 5 interns, 3 get H, 2 get T, then the two interns that got tails each buy 2.5 cups of coffee). However, nothing says you need to play this game. You can choose to buy your own cup of coffee and not play the game at all. The question: Should you play this game? (Note: You may assume that there is an odd number of interns, so there are no ties, and that if everyone gets H or everyone gets T, then everyone loses and just buys their own cup of coffee).

18 Answers

Hint: Despite its look, this is not a math question.

I dont get it, Would you please provide more hints?

Assume each coffee costs $1, for simplicity. So this is effectively a choice between two outcomes: paying $1 with probability 100%, or paying $0 with some probability and paying more than $0 with some probability. So you ask yourself: what is your expected cost in the second case? Give that a try and see if you can figure it out. However, I want to remind you that the question is "should you play this game?" The answer to this question isn't just a math question. If you only work out expected values, you've missed the point. For example, a separate question (with the same kind of flavor as the direction I'm trying to lead you) is this: suppose I give you a choice of two outcomes. Either you get $1 with 100% probability or I give you $500,000,000 with probability 1/100,000,000 and 0 otherwise. Which would you pick? Now what if it was the same first choice, but the second choice was $50 with prob 1/10 and 0 otherwise? Now which would you pick? These are the kinds of things you want to think about while answering this kind of question. Let me know if you have anymore questions. And if you want me to post the answer, just let me know.

How would you invest 100 million dollars

2 Answers

what experience with sales do you have

1 Answer

Why do you want to work for us?

1 Answer

Behavioral questions, a lot of them.

1 Answer

What products do we sell?

1 Answer

What exact skills can you do on exel?

1 Answer

What do you know about Bloomberg (what we do, what you will be doing)

1 Answer

What would your friends compliment you on?

1 Answer

What do you personally bring to a work atmosphere?

110 of 227 Interview Questions