Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Interview Questions

As a sales representative, your ability to speak to clients has a large impact on the company’s profits. Great interpersonal, listening, and marketing skills are all essential. As sales reps often encounter skeptical or difficult customers, employers will be looking to assess your ability to present a product with ease, counter objections, and bounce back from rejection. Be prepared to give a convincing sales pitch on one of the company's products or role-play a situation in which you have to persuade difficult customer.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance Popular Date

Why would you recommend Monster HDMI cables versus generic brand?

4 Answers

Monster HDMI cables have higher quality components that reduce interference, meaning a sharper picture and better audio. Plus it will last longer.

This is likely the answer they are looking for, but is mostly false. HDMI is digital signaling, so there is no degradation - if the signal makes it over the cable, it is in it's original and unblemished form. The quality of the cable carrying the signal makes no difference in this case. Analog cables are a different story. The only part of this statement that is true is that a higher quality product will, obviously, last longer than a lower quality one.

Trust me, I know that. But in a job interview for a bottom-barrel SALES job, it's about the answer that will get a product into customers' hands, not the truth. Immoral, ridiculous, unfair, but true.

how do you attempt to sale when there are no customers in the sore?

3 Answers

What would you do if you brought a customer something to try on and they didn't like it?

2 Answers

What salesforce product would you sell and how would you sell it?

3 Answers

What do you do if you are unfamiliar with a product?

2 Answers

Describe a time where you failed, then came back to succeed

3 Answers

Sell me this tape dispenser.

2 Answers

Tell me why do you think you would be a good manager?

1 Answer

What would you do if a client was upset with you on the phone?

1 Answer

If I was familiar with managing a large team and what was my management style.

110 of 83,229 Interview Questions