Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Interview Questions

As a sales representative, your ability to speak to clients has a large impact on the company’s profits. Great interpersonal, listening, and marketing skills are all essential. As sales reps often encounter skeptical or difficult customers, employers will be looking to assess your ability to present a product with ease, counter objections, and bounce back from rejection. Be prepared to give a convincing sales pitch on one of the company's products or role-play a situation in which you have to persuade difficult customer.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

How would you sell a Macy's credit card?

1 Answer

Sell me this paper clip (or any other various object they may have)

1 Answer

I was taken into another room with a phone where the manager "called" me and I was told to role play and try to sell TDS products. It was very difficult because I didn't know the products and basically had to just make stuff up. They also expect you to know top down selling

1 Answer

If you had a call that needed to be transferred to a supervisor but all of them were on the phone so you would have to handle the call and resolve the issue yourself. How would you handle this?

Sell me this pen.

1 Answer

a question I remember was "With this tough economy how ccan you be successful"

1 Answer

Tell about the time when you had to sale a product to someone who didn't know you.

1 Answer

How will you positively affect operations here?

1 Answer

The hardest question that caught me off guard, was when they asked if I was good with conflict resolution and how I deal with conflict.

1 Answer

Exposure to challenger sales methodology.

2 Answers