Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sales Interview Questions

As a sales representative, your ability to speak to clients has a large impact on the company’s profits. Great interpersonal, listening, and marketing skills are all essential. As sales reps often encounter skeptical or difficult customers, employers will be looking to assess your ability to present a product with ease, counter objections, and bounce back from rejection. Be prepared to give a convincing sales pitch on one of the company's products or role-play a situation in which you have to persuade difficult customer.

Sales Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer ?

24 Answers

Neither, I'm the chief

I'm a gatherer of new ideas and a hunter of old obsolete ones.

Trick question, I hunt the gatherers, and steal from the hunters.

Describe a sales situation where price seemed to be the primary driver and how you overcame the focus on cost and made it more about 'value.'

2 Answers

What is the marketing strategy of your former company?

2 Answers

At the end of the "humoring" review and affected discussion of my resume, I was asked why a person with my level of education with a degree from a college well known for its exclusivity of aptitude and challenging degree programs (obviously, more brusquely put than this, i think it was more like, "someone who went to a smart school") wanted a "job at a mall?" Not only was the delivery of her quick, astute summary of my resume unexpected, so was the suddenly subjective turn in questioning, and thus the inherent risk therein of an explanatory, comprehensive answer...

3 Answers

The most difficult job was when the leader told me to sell him something - anything. I always hate that question. I ended up telling him to give me something to sell - he chose his pen.

3 Answers

The most difficult part of the interview for me was when they asked me about why I left my previous position.

1 Answer

Questions about current employer's compensation model for sales.

Sell me BLANK right now.

1 Answer

Why do you think you would be successful in this position

1 Answer

Are you comfortable with soliciting credit?

110 of 414 Interview Questions