Cashier Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Cashier Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

"Employers are looking to hire cashiers with great customer service skills and experience handling cash. In preparation for an interview, come ready to answer role-play questions that will assess your ability to appease difficult customers under stressful circumstances. Make sure to showcase a positive and easy-to-work-with attitude that will convince your interviewer you're right for the job."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? what was the situation and what was the outcome?

2 Answers

I once had a customer who was very upset because her credit card was not being accepted by the POS device. I advised the customer it was an issue with the issuer and not the store. The customer did not want to use cash but did have cash. We even tried to use a different register to rule out that it may have been a technical issue, and the customer thanked me for trying and not making her feel dumb.

Reaffirming her concerns along with avoiding the embarrassment or awkwardness to her and customers surrounding her. Utilize efforts to assist the transaction by means of swiping the card fast, with paper or Maverick plastic sack also try to run her card at the gas pump it could very well be her magnetic strip(s) as they contain may have worn out and she would need to contact her bank for a new card to avoid a lost sale, I would empower her to make the choice of payment and be empathetic towards the situation as I'm sure the funds are available. Also offer the error code to her so that we maintain her as a customer and so that she may properly inform her bank.

When can you start?

2 Answers

If an item is on sale 3/$9.00 and the customer only wants to buy one- how much would it be?

2 Answers

What kinds of arts and crafts do you do?

2 Answers

How do you think you'll do at the job?

1 Answer

Do you want full or part time?

1 Answer

Why would I be a good fit for the makeup industry.

1 Answer

Why haven't you been looking for more permanent work?

1 Answer

If I was looking for a possible future within the company or looking for work for the present time being?

1 Answer

They wanted to know why I was a good fit for there company?

110 of 115 Interview Questions