Financial analyst Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor
Financial analyst Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

Financial analyst Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

Interviewers will expect financial analyst candidates to be well-versed in financial markets, modeling, and analysis. Make sure you are comfortable with both micro and macroeconomics. In addition to highly technical questions, be ready to answer a few behavioral questions that will show off your communication and collaboration skills.

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

They want very specific examples to all questions. Q. Why are you interested in this role/why fidelity? Q. What motivates you in finance? Q. What do you know about the series 7 and 63 licenses? Q. Specific example of when you had to study for something difficult. Other licenses or tests, how you studied, what you did that helped. Q. Example of when you received excellent customer service. Q. How you handled an upset customer. Q. How you went above and beyond to help a customer and what the result was. Q. Consultative approach with a customer, when they want something that isnt in their best interest. These are all the questions I can remember from all 3 interviews.

5 Answers

More of a question... I am guessing your online interview was through HireVue? I received the same offer and I am trying to prepare for the online interview. You said you listed all the questions you remembered from the interviews, do you think you could remember the few that asked in the HireVue so that I may tailor my answers to the prerecorded ones?

Yes, my screening interview was through hirevue. It consisted of 10 questions (if i remember right). I just used the app and did it on my phone. I believe they asked these questions: Why are you interested in this role/finance/fidelity (something along those lines just prepare an answer for any of thsoe)? Describe to me what you know about the series 7 & 63 licenses and why you need them. Describe a time you had to study for something difficult, how you studied for it, how well you did, and what you would do differently. What tools do you use to follow the stock market? Describe a time when you had to use a consultative approach with a customer. Finra does an extensive background check, is there anything you would like to disclose or warn us about that might appear on your record before conducting the background check? Thats at least 6 of the questions.. They want very specific examples so I wrote down a bunch of possible questions and preparedy examples which helped a lot.

More of a comment, but thank you very much for the detailed answer and for remembering the interview questions. I'll try to do the same during my interview so others are well prepared. Cheers!

What are the three main real estate valuation techniques and which one do you think a bank would be most likely to use?

1 Answer

Why Goldman Sachs/ do you know what we do here?

3 Answers

Would you be willing to pay for all of your own licensing and recruit your own team?

3 Answers

What makes you want to do this job?

1 Answer

If an employee who was also a friend asked me to share information that my boss explicitly asked me not to share, how would I handle the situation?

1 Answer

Do I expect the Fed to raise interest rates and why?

1 Answer

Why i left my last employer.

Describe yourself