Marketing analyst Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT | Glassdoor

Marketing analyst Interview Questions in Salt Lake City, UT

"As a marketing analyst, you'll use your analytical skill set to collect information about the market, identify trends, and offer marketing strategies. In an interview context, expect to answer technical questions that will test your knowledge of market analysis. Be prepared to show that you can work in a fast-paced environment, handle large sets of data, and are up-to-date on current industry news."

Top Interview Questions

Sort: RelevancePopular Date

Using the attached datasets, answer the following: 1. What is the daily estimated revenue and NTF by channel during January and November 2015? a. Explain the methodology used to estimate these values? Summarize any significant explanatory variables. b. What are the strengths and weaknesses of your model? c. What additional data would you want to increase the accuracy of your estimate? 2. Assume the aggregate annual marketing cost is fixed. However, marketing spend can be adjusted to a different channel or time period (within the same calendar year). a. Would you adjust marketing spend? Why or why not? b. What would be the net impact in revenue and NTF? How did you arrive at this estimate? c. What additional information would you want and why? 3. In theory, what factors and considerations are needed to optimize marketing spend? Describe tests you could conduct to set optimal targets. What additional data would be needed for these tests?

1 Answer

I answered well enough to be allowed to present to the team, but incorrectly enough to be denied the position. ;D

In the conversion metric the revenues are increasing but the revenue per order is decreasing. What might be the cause?

1 Answer

I felt prepared so this didn't seem an issue for me. I felt comfortable the whole time and just talked about my experiences and skills, and that's really all they wanted to know.

Most unexpected quesiton: what is 7% of 110?

What is one product/brand that is marketed poorly and how would you fix it?